This September 2019 there were 204 pupils enrolled in Glebe National School. We have an administrative Principal, 8 mainstream teachers, 4 full-time special education teachers and a school secretary. We have a wonderful staff and you can be assured of our full co-operation and commitment at all times.
Let me introduce our staff members and should you have any query or concerns at any time please feel free to come and talk to us.
(Picture taken 2018)
Back Row from left to right: Ms. Grainne Mannion, Ms. Jane Power, Rev. Jack Kinkead, Mrs. Wendy O’Donoghue, Mr. Philip Thompson, Ms. Lorna Rothwell, Ms. Aline Atkinson, Ms. Leanne Bryan, Ms. Sarah Ní Shuibhne.
Front Row from left to right: Mrs. Mary Corkish, Ms. Amanda Vogan, Mrs. Orla Gregan, Ms. Sandra Bryan, Ms. Jennie Morrison, Mrs. Joy Myler, Mrs. Valerie Carson.
Our Current Staff 2019
- Principal – Ms. Sandra Bryan
- Junior Infants – Mrs. Orla Gregan (Deputy Principal)
- Senior Infants – Ms. Aline Atkinson
- First class – Ms. Jane Power
- Second class – Ms. Amanda Vogan
- Third class – Mr. David Henderson
- Fourth class – Ms. Leanne Bryan
- Fifth class – Mr. Philip Thompson
- Sixth class – Ms. Jennie Morrison
- Special Education Teachers
- Mrs. Wendy O’Donoghue
- Mrs. Valerie Carson
- Mrs. Joy Myler
- Ms. Jane Evans
- Special Needs Assistant
- Mrs. Grainne Mannion
- Ms. Cheryl Marry
- Ms. Helen Kearney
- School Secretary – Mrs. Mary Corkish
- School Cleaner – Ms. Anne O’Connor
- Music Teacher – Mr. James Dunne
An Educational Psychologist is available annually to carry out Educational Assessments on children who we believe are not making reasonable progress. Parents are consulted and permission is always sought before this is done.
Special Education Needs:
Should your child have Special Education Needs he/she may qualify for daily support and extra help from our special education team. Early identification of learning difficulties is crucial in their remediation. All children are regularly screened through the administration of standardised and observational tests. Parental consultation and support is a vital aspect of our learning support programme.