The Glebe National School is a co-ed Church of Ireland Primary School catering for children from Junior Infants to 6th class.
This September 2017 there were 216 pupils enrolled in Glebe National School. We have an administrative Principal, 8 mainstream teachers, 4 full-time special education teachers and a school secretary. We have a wonderful staff and you can be assured of our full co-operation and commitment at all times.
Let me introduce our staff members and should you have any query or concerns at any time please feel free to come and talk to us.
(Picture dated 2018) Back row from left to right: Ms. Jane Power, Ms. Grainne Mannion, Ms. Aline Atkinson, Ms. Lorna Rothwell, Mr. Philip Thompson, Ms. Wendy O’ Donoghue, Ms. Jane Evans, Ms. Leanne Bryan.
Front Row from left to right: Ms. Amanda Vogan, Ms. Joy Myler, Ms. Jennie Morrison, Ms. Sandra Bryan, Ms. Orla Gregan, Ms. Mary Corkish, Ms. Valerie Carson.
- Principal – Ms. Sandra Bryan
- Junior Infants – Ms. Orla Gregan (Deputy Principal)
- Senior Infants – Ms. Aline Atkinson
- First class – Ms. Jane Power
- Second class – Ms. Amanda Vogan
- Third class – Ms. Lorna Rothwell
- Fourth class – Ms. Leanne Bryan
- Fifth class – Mr. Philip Thompson
- Sixth class – Ms. Jennie Morrison
- Special Education Teachers
- Ms. Wendy O’Donoghue
- Ms. Valerie Carson
- Ms. Joy Myler
- Ms. Jane Evans
- Special Needs Assistant: Ms. Grainne Mannion
- School Secretary – Ms. Mary Corkish
- School Caretaker – Keith Pogue
- School Cleaner – Anne O’Connor
- Music Teacher – James Dunne
Rugby, GAA and Dance teachers weekly (tbc for 2017)
An Educational Psychologist is available annually to carry out Educational Assessments on children who we believe are not making reasonable progress. Parents are consulted and permission is always sought before this is done.
Special Education Needs:
Should your child have Special Education Needs he/she may qualify for daily support and extra help from our special education team. Early identification of learning difficulties is crucial in their remediation. All children are regularly screened through the administration of standardised and observational tests. Parental consultation and support is a vital aspect of our learning support programme.
We hope your child’s years spent in The Glebe School will be extremely happy and will help him/her to grow in all that is positive and good.